This is a progressive server. A progressive server simulates WoW patches' content in the order blizzard released it. In every patch, new content is added until all content is fully released.
We follow the same logic blizzard did in their early stages of WoW, but with some changes to balance the server (because we are using a 3.3.5a client).
Yes, we do have arena seasons that are scheduled together with patches, you can check the season start and end, in our ranking list (top menu).
Please note that, after every season change, all your honor and arena points will reset, and the winners receive the respective rewards (top 3 teams in every bracket that did at least 10 games in the season).
Death Knights have been tested and are working in previous expansions, prior to WOTLK you will notice some changes:
- They cannot obtain the blue items from their starting zone quests (they do not fit for previous expansions).
- DK exp rate is x0.5 (yes, you have read it right, they receive half of the blizzlike exp since they are a hero class and they also start at lvl 55!)
- Warriors share their Tier with DKs (at the time this text was written, DKs do not benefit from Warrior's set bonus, although we plan to add some in the future)
- DKS wont receive 100% riding, they will get the 60% version instead.
- DKS wont receive free first aid.
Vanilla raids are tuned similarly to a regular vanilla server, but maximum allowed raid size is smaller (25 players for large raids, 10 for ZG, similar to TBC/WotLK content). This should provide additional challenge.
There is a damage/healing dampening mechanic in place, as explained below.
In addition to this, there are some unique balance issues that arise when locking character progression at level 60 with full access to WotLK talents. Some classes and specs normally cannot function properly without certain key abilities or glyphs that only become available later on. We counteract this by adding custom, carefully and extensively tested tweaks to specific class abilities. While this won't make your spec of choice play exactly as it would in regular WotLK endgame, we strive to ensure all classes and specs are viable and reasonably competetive.
Global damage / healing reduction is 5% every 10 levels, up to a maximum of 30% reduction at level 60 and beyond. (Not applied under WOTLK expansion) Note: there can be additional damage/healing reductions on specific spells/classes on top of this reduction.